About the American Journal of Neuroradiology
The mission of AJNR is to further knowledge in all aspects of neuroimaging, head and neck imaging, and spine imaging for neuroradiologists, radiologists, trainees, scientists, and associated professionals through print and/or electronic publication of quality peer-reviewed articles that lead to the highest standards in patient care, research, and education and to promote discussion of these and other issues through its electronic activities.
AJNR will continue to be internationally recognized as the primary source of information regarding all aspects of neuroimaging, including head and neck and spine imaging, for all professionals engaged in these and related fields. Continued optimization of delivery will enable it to and enhance patient care, research, therapy, training, and life-long learning.
Twelve issues per year, peer-reviewed, approximately 200 pages per issue.
AJNR publishes more than 350 fully reviewed Original Research papers, Review Articles, Clinical Reports, and Brief/Technical Notes in a typical year. Subject matter covers the spectrum of diagnostic and functional imaging of the brain, head, neck, spine, and organs of special sense, including: aging and degenerative diseases; anatomy; the cervicothoracic junction; contrast media; experimental studies; functional imaging; iatrogenic disorders; imaging techniques and technology (including all advanced imaging modalities); inflammatory diseases; interventional techniques and related technology; the larynx and lymphatics; molecular imaging; the nasopharynx and skull base; neoplastic diseases; the nose and paranasal sinuses; oral and dental imaging; ophthalmologic and otorhinolaryngologic imaging; pediatric ENT radiology; pediatric neuroradiology and congenital malformations; the phakomatoses; radionuclide imaging; the salivary glands; seizure disorders; cancer, stroke, and cerebrovascular diseases; the temporal bone; and tissue characterization and trauma.
AJNR is abstracted and/or indexed by PubMed/MEDLINE, BIOSIS Previews, Current Contents (Clinical Medicine and Life Sciences), EMBASE, Google Scholar, HighWire Press, Q-Sensei, RefSeek, Science Citation Index, and SCI Expanded.
- International Editorial Board
- Wide circulation including 7.6 million article downloads and more than 33 million site visits in 2016
- h5 Index: 61; h5 Median: 81
- Eigenfactor score: 0.036; Article Influence score: 1.3
- Highest ranked subspecialty journal (#7) in Google Scholar Metrics List of Top Publications—Radiology and Medical Imaging
- More than 1100 manuscript submissions received in 2016
- White Open Access: Review Articles and government-funded Original Research articles from all countries of origin
- Immediate Open Access option available to all other authors for a modest surcharge
- Bi-monthly News Digest featuring hot topics and trends in neuroradiology
- Blog site that allows posting of comments regarding articles or general questions
- Three monthly podcasts (Issue Highlights, Fellows' Journal Club, Annotated Bibliography)
- Fifty-six days' average time from submission to final decision
- Two months' average time from acceptance to electronic posting with DOI in Publication Preview
- Free on-line access for neuroradiology fellows and residents
- Publication Preview is an advance release of articles featured in the print version of AJNR. Posting of accepted manuscripts that have been edited and approved by the authors in PDF format greatly reduces time from acceptance to publication, often to as little as two months. Each article published ahead-of-print is citable, with the official publication date that of the first on-line posting. Access to Publication Preview is free to all AJNR subscribers.
In an effort to help preserve our environment and resources, AJNR offers on-line-only subscriptions for individuals and institutions who do not desire to receive it in a print fashion. AJNR is printed on acid-free paper that is non-chlorine bleached. The bags used to ship print issues are made of recyclable plastic material. AJNR encourages readers to recycle both the journal and its wrapping.
For general information regarding advertising in AJNR, please contact:
Allen Press Publishing Services
Please use the link below to request permission to reproduce figures, tables, or text from AJNR.
If you need further assistance, contact Karen Halm.
Commercial reprints of AJNR articles are individually quoted and prepared upon request. For details, please contact:
Click here to see a list of press releases.
Click here for a list of Position Statements that have been published in the AJNR.